- July 2008 – Diagnosed with DCIS in left breast
- September 2008 - Left Breast Mastectomy –– Georgetown Hospital – Dr. Shawna Willey
- February 2009 – Left Silicone Implant surgery –– Georgetown Hospital – Dr. Spears, plastic surgeon.
- July 2009 – Diagnosed with metastatic cancer. Cancer spread to lymph nodes in left armpit and liver; HER2 Positive, estrogen receptive – referred to Dr. Mary Wilkinson, Fairfax, VA - oncologist
- July to October 2009 – Started IV chemotherapy – Herceptin; Taxotere; Carboplatin
- November 2009 to August 2010 – Herceptin every three weeks
- August 2010 – Lymph nodes active again – started IV Gemzar and Herceptin;
- January & March 2011 PET/CT scans indicated liver and lymph node activity decreased;
- June 11, 2011 – Had grand mal seizure while working in Orlando, Florida. Florida Hospital in Orlando performed MRI which indicated three brain lesions; Dr. Wilkinson referred me to Radiologist, Dr. Bajaj in Fairfax.
- June 15, 2011 – Met with Neurosurgeon to determine treatment plan.
- June 20, 2011 – started process of preparing for stereotactic, frameless, radiation therapy;
- June 23, 2011 -- stereotactic, frameless, radiation therapy procedure scheduled at Fairfax Hospital
- June 24, 2011 – MRI with SRS Protocol showed 4th tumor in brain stem. Dr. Bajaj recommended whole brain radiation therapy (WBRT) instead of stereotactic radiation to treat the whole brain.
- June 27, 2011 – WBRT began - 14 treatments scheduled through July 15, 2011 at Fairfax Hospital Radiology.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Annie's Breast Cancer History Digest
For anyone who is interested in my three-year cancer adventure time-line and treatments - here is a brief recap. I still find it hard to believe what I have been through. I have said it before and I'll keep saying it - cancer sucks.