Thursday, February 7, 2013

Therapy Helping Slowly



I have no incredible news. I took a fall last weekend at the valley house –tripped on a mat on the deck and hit my face on the deck railing. Chris and Austin were right there to help me. Luckily it was not nearly as bad as the gas station fall. I have a scrape on my face, my right knee and some general bruising. All because I am clumsy and did not look down. And of course my reaction time and strength are low.  Slow and deliberate is how I must be… which is no easy thing for me.

I just had physical therapy today. I went in frustrated and teary about how long it takes me to shower and dress and how out of breath I get. I went out of therapy feeling stronger and more confident. I have five more sessions. I really like my therapist, Lisa, at Fairfax hospital. She pushes me just enough. 

I love the cards and letters and gift baskets people send me. And of course the prayers and well wishes from countless others. I swear, it all keeps me going! 

Love and peace,
-        Annie

P.S. My wonderful husband turns 44 tomorrow (he’s caught up to me!) and I have to give him a shout out for making me walk around Target to help me gain strength and stamina. And it has the added bonus of buying or wishing we could buy stuff we really don’t need. Damn, you Target, and your amazing discounts!  Resistance is futile! 

P.P.S.
Let's see who can see one of my tumors in this MRI image (hint - it's in the brain stem area - the bad, bad place)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment